Thursday, June 18, 2009

Claimers! Races 9 and 10 on Thursday

This weekend holds a nice assortment of state-bred stakes races. So why not try some mid-week claimers. Let's start at Race 9: 7 furlongs for 25k platers. ET Baird hops on class-ascending Check My Daddy who has wired her last two after switching to the Granitz barn -- a claim that has paid off well. Will he get an easy lead here? He could. Prenuptial Vow and D'Code could fight him for the front. Both tired badly in last, so I'm wondering if they'll be thundering from the gate.

That Tampa form has crossed well into Arlington, Check My Daddy is one example. Proctor brings Taking Stock north on the same trajectory. This horse is built for the distance and has a nice record here. However he has swallowed money, failing as the favorite in his last three. He could turn that around if a pace develops.

Finally, there's nothing on paper allowing me to dismiss D'Code's last run, but I'm gonna give her a shot. This daughter of Boundary has run very well here in the past, I say she hits the board.

Maidens going long on the Turf, Race 10
Nine furlongs for the youngins. There were two races like this last Thursday, both sported long shots in the place position. This is an incredibly unpredictable race, but it's hard to go against Chris Block who saddles Pulpinit. So my advice is to lay him on top then press the All button in an exacta and pray for ... God Knows.

2 comments:

  1. Right you are Lemon. My tickets died the chalk-eaters death, the most ignoble. Block may have focused elsewhere, he saddles 10 on Saturday and looks to wrest the sprinting mantle away from Christine Janks. A trainer I love, but whose barn looks vulnerable. In the future, I'll stick to Stakes and Allowances. Leave the claimers to the more intrepid.

    ReplyDelete