Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday's Feature

Bill Mott, Tom Amoss, Mike "the baby-maker" Stidham, Louis Roussel, Austin Smith and Donnie Von Hemmel all have fillies in the 8th, an exciting first-level allowance. Abby's Angel, from the Stidham barn, broke her maiden in New Orleans by 14 and 3/4 lengths, but that was more than 500 days ago. Since then her form has been riddled with bullets. I'm not backing her at 5-2, but am in at 3-1. Bill Mott sends out another daughter of a Deputy Minister sire in True Birkin who drew the rail. True Birkin has raced on the turf after starting with a dud on the dirt, but takes the polyexperiment today. Da Mama who won at first asking for Amoss drew inside and has speed. Also on the front will be Miss Ruth, who got bumped last out under ET Baird. This filly has tired in both sprints and routes but has a serious turn of foot.

We should have a solid pace, but I don't see the winner coming from too far back. Da Mama could wire it depending on where Brandon Meier places Our Miss Ruth, my guess is that he will try to press, which could work, but I need to see this filly put it together before she makes my ticket. And if it were anyone but Stidham I'd be extremely dubious of Abby's Angel's long layoff, but I think he's gonna have her ready, and I look for her to be near the vanguard and strongest when she can smell the wire. Look for True Birkin to come roaring from far back at the end.


Abby's Angel
Da Mama
True Birkin

No comments:

Post a Comment